Server Updates 2/21/15

Keith

[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=48px]YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE NEW CLIENT OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

So, for those of you who don't know me, I am Keith. The new developer for DreamScape317.
These are the updates you will be seeing ingame later today:

-Pk Point system created
-Pk Point shop added
-Killstreak system added (gives bonus pk points for killing people with high killstreaks, or for getting good killstreaks)
-Target System/Bounty Hunter system added (Gives extra PK points for killing your target. will have it's own reward system soon. Also will have interface soon).
-Fixed glitch when leaving wilderness and still sais attack when you hover over players.
-Improved server task system (processing system), this will help the lag hopefully, and make the server more enjoyable and more stable.
-When using bones on altars, it takes more time to bury bones (more realistic) but gives more XP than it did before.

Enjoy the updates and feel free to comment ideas for more updates in the future.
~The DreamScape Development team.

we are using the task system. the server had a terrible task system before (eventmanager)
I upgraded to cycle events which run on every server tick, which will hopefully make the server more stable.
I also cleaned up the processing method that PI has, so there should be less lag overall in the server, maybe not enough to notice, but we should be able to handle a lot more players now.

Archived