Wiki Editor Application

Pdh

Question 1) What is your In-game Username?

My in-game name is Pdh.

Question 2) What is your Discord Username/ID(example:Peripheral#5348)?

My discord ID is Tucker#4382.

Question 3) What is your age?

I am 23 years old.

Question 4) Have you ever been blocked from the wiki, or received any other infraction relating to Redemption?

I have never been blocked from the wiki. I have been muted once in-game; I was involved in a situation over ::yell and everyone involved was muted temporarily.

Question 5) What languages do you speak?

English is my only language.

Question 6) Write a brief introduction about yourself.

My name is Tucker. I live in the United States. I started playing Dreamscape shortly after it released, but I took periodic breaks from playing until the change to Redemption. I enjoy creating guides. I feel as though being a wiki editor would put me in a good position to make some updated guides for other players.

Question 7) How many hours in a week do you think you can be available editing the wiki?

I will have around 20-25 hours a week. If it is possible to edit things on the wiki from my phone, I would be able to invest a little bit more time.

Question 😎What do you think are wiki editor responsibilities? Name at least three.

1: Provide clear and easy to understand information.

2: Make corrections on the wiki if any are found or brought to their attention.

3: Ensure that new content is on the wiki for players to look into as it is introduced into the game.

4: Help players be as informed as possible.

Question 9) If you were accepted as a Wiki Editor, do you think you would have more "power" than any other player or donator? Explain why.

I do not believe I would have more power than other players as a wiki editor. I do not see it as a rank that puts me above other players, but rather a way to help provide information for other players.

light-blue.png

Scenario 1 - Are there any mistakes in this picture? If so, tell us why and what you would do to improve it.

Scenario-1.png

Yes, crystal armor is for magic, not range. It also is obtained in other ways than the Sea Troll Queen.

I would change it to this:

A Crystal Helm is a component of Crystal Armor. It is a piece of beginner magic gear that can be commonly obtained from Voldemort and Raiden.

Scenario 2 - You are shown an example of what a Hyperlink is, and how to use it. Your Manager asks you to fix this page so that it correctly links to the Sea Troll Queen page. Which picture is more correct? A) or B) or C)? And why?

Source Mode: (The way the page looks when you are editing)

Scenario-2-source.png

Preview Mode: (What the page would look like upon publishing)

Scenario-2-example.png

Published: (The page has been created)

Scenario-2-abc.png

Option B is more correct. It has working hyperlinks to the sources for obtaining the Ice Katana, as well as a working hyperlink to the Ice Katana page. It also is simple and easy to understand.

Scenario 3 - You have to leave the Wiki temporarily for a few days/weeks. Who are you going to tell and where are you going to post it?

I would inform Peripheral of the dates I would be gone, and I would post it in a place where everyone is able to see that I will be absent for those dates.

Scenario 4 - You are creating a page but you know you need to get off to get some sleep. So you save that page knowing it is not finished or that it has a bunch of mistakes. Is there anything you would do before you went to sleep?

If I went to sleep without finishing a page, I would be sure to add a clear and easy to see comment on the page stating it is still being worked on. This way players would know if the page is missing information, or has mistakes that will be fixed later on.

Scenario 5 - If someone in-game asked YOU, (who is now a Wiki Editor) a question that you didn't know and began calling you names like, "You should know this, you're a wiki editor", or "You're not a helper, keep quiet" or "Do your job already, the wiki isn't being updated", how would you respond?

I would ask someone else for the answer to their question to help the player try to find the information they are looking for. If they tell me the wiki is wrong or needs updated, I would ask them for their suggestion on what to change within the wiki. If the player continues to call me names I would reach out to a higher staff member to let them know about the situation.

Scenario 6 - You see another wiki editor vandalizing the wiki. There are many things you can do. Name at least three.

1: I would inform Peripheral.

2: I would search for the damage the other wiki editor has done, and I would start correcting the errors that I find.

3: I would reach out to the other wiki editor and ask them why they are vandalizing the wiki.

Scenario 7 - One day a wiki editor that you've known for awhile asks you that they need your password in-game to borrow an item for the wiki. Choose the letters that you would do?

A) Give that Wiki Editor your password. Because why wouldn't you? They're your friend after all.
B) Ask them why? Them give them your password because they seem trustworthy.
C) Report them privately.
D) Don't report them, but say no.
E) Provide them alternative ways to get that item.

First I would choose option E. I would give them other ways to find the item. If all they need to know are the stats of the item, I would send them screenshots of the stats of the item in the worn equipment screen.

In the scenario that they continue to pursue my password for the item they want, I would move on to option C and report them privately.

• 3 weeks later...