Wiki Editor Application for Gorgon

Question 1) What is your In-game Username?

Gorgon

Question 2) What is your Discord Username/ID(example:Peripheral#5348)?

𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐍#0009

Question 3) What is your age?

Question 4) Have you ever been blocked from the wiki, or received any other infraction relating to Redemption?

No

Question 5) What languages do you speak?

English, Welsh, Estonian

Question 6) Write a brief introduction about yourself.

I'm a Full-Stack Developer with an invested interest in gaming. My key personal skills are time management, critical thinking and responsiveness.

Question 7) How many hours in a week do you think you can be available editing the wiki?

Question 😎What do you think are wiki editor responsibilities? Name at least three.

1. Complete tasks assigned by the manager in a timely manner.
  2. Take a personal interest in making sure that the Wiki is up to date.
  3. Help member of our community with Wiki related queries.

Question 9) If you were accepted as a Wiki Editor, do you think you would have more "power" than any other player or donator? Explain why.

light-blue.png

Scenario 1 - Are there any mistakes in this picture? If so, tell us why and what you would do to improve it.

Scenario-1.png

The description is incorrect, I would correct the description with appropriate links and move the picture before the text to match the look and feel of other pages in the Wiki.

Scenario 2 - You are shown an example of what a Hyperlink is, and how to use it. Your Manager asks you to fix this page so that it correctly links to the Sea Troll Queen page. Which picture is more correct? A) or B) or C)? And why?

Source Mode: (The way the page looks when you are editing)

Scenario-2-source.png

Preview Mode: (What the page would look like upon publishing)

Scenario-2-example.png

Published: (The page has been created)

Scenario-2-abc.png

I choose B, because it's more concise compared to the first one that has a broken link and the last one that goes on a tangent.

Scenario 3 - You have to leave the Wiki temporarily for a few days/weeks. Who are you going to tell and where are you going to post it?

I would let my line manager know that I'm planning to take a few days/weeks off and then wait for the decision. If we have a designated sub-forums or discord channels, I would make a post there to alert the other members as well as the manager about my request.

Scenario 4 - You are creating a page but you know you need to get off to get some sleep. So you save that page knowing it is not finished or that it has a bunch of mistakes. Is there anything you would do before you went to sleep?

As fandom does not have a tool to save a page as draft, I would copy the contents over to a word processor or notepad and the next morning I would copy the contents back and carry on where I left off the day before. 

Scenario 5 - If someone in-game asked YOU, (who is now a Wiki Editor) a question that you didn't know and began calling you names like, "You should know this, you're a wiki editor", or "You're not a helper, keep quiet" or "Do your job already, the wiki isn't being updated", how would you respond?

I would ask the player to provide me with the pages that aren't up to date so I can note them down to further discuses with other Wiki editors and my manager, I would then further reassure the player that the pages will be updated as soon as we are working through them. 

Scenario 6 - You see another wiki editor vandalizing the wiki. There are many things you can do. Name at least three.

1. Investigate the issue and go though the changes and then get in touch with the Wiki editor to see exactly what's going on.
  2. Bring the issue to the attention of the manager.
  3. Recover the pages to the original state if it's obvious that grieving is taking place. 

Scenario 7 - One day a wiki editor that you've known for awhile asks you that they need your password in-game to borrow an item for the wiki. Choose the letters that you would do?

A) Give that Wiki Editor your password. Because why wouldn't you? They're your friend after all.
B) Ask them why? Them give them your password because they seem trustworthy.
C) Report them privately.
D) Don't report them, but say no.
E) Provide them alternative ways to get that item.

Based on common sense and critical thinking I'm going to choose C and E.

🤞

• 2 weeks later...

We also ask that upon submitting your application that you do not do any of the following:

- Lie on your application

- Reply on your application. 

- Request others to view/upvote your application.

- Re-apply before 2 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...