TeamSpeak Or Discord?

LT LIMES

Which way would you like our community to talk to eachother!  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Discord or Teamspeak?

• Keep the old teamspeak!
    • Let's switch to discord!

Hello Dreamers!

Today, We wanted to make it easier to communicate and host events on a day to day basis BUT

we have seen a lot of people on other communities prefer discord to teamspeak

So below i have listed the advantages of Discord below in a picture,

Please poll which one you'd like Dreamscape to use a as a main community channel! 

849a751739e855933604310cbcd27c5d.png

I prefer Teamspeak, since we can easier to see things over than Discord.

Also teamspeak is easier to communicate with eachother. This will only cause more problems for new players.

Teamspeak, basic&simple.

Discord, Clean/saved messages, less view over the community(for the events as example)

I use both, so I guess I'll input my two-cents best I can.

Discord definitely is becoming master tier communication, simply because it's easily accessible through desktop/mobile. Although, when referring to its UI, Teamspeak is DEFINITELY more user friendly. I don't believe Discord has the rank system like Teamspeak. 

I definitely feel like TS should stay. 

5 hours ago, тємρєя said:

I use both, so I guess I'll input my two-cents best I can.

Discord definitely is becoming master tier communication, simply because it's easily accessible through desktop/mobile. Although, when referring to its UI, Teamspeak is DEFINITELY more user friendly. I don't believe Discord has the rank system like Teamspeak. 

I definitely feel like TS should stay. 

Discord can have different ranks by creating different roles with different permissions separated by color. Discord is superior in UI as well..there is no possible way teamspeak is superior in this aspect.

5 hours ago, Crimson Kid said:

Discord can have different ranks by creating different roles with different permissions separated by color. Discord is superior in UI as well..there is no possible way teamspeak is superior in this aspect.

But does it include a multi-rank system?

I don't know man, the UI for TS3 has always been the easiest to navigate for myself. My opinion still stands. :)

1 hour ago, тємρєя said:

But does it include a multi-rank system?

I don't know man, the UI for TS3 has always been the easiest to navigate for myself. My opinion still stands. :)

A multi-rank system is as stated above. The Owner can separate people by Name Rank, Color and Permissions Granted. EX: Owner, Co-Owner, Admin, Mods, Donators, Players. 

Discord is far easier to navigate, you can have multiple voice channels, text channels, Special Permission channels, Channels dedicated to any topic or reason; You can even add bots to the server which do everything from playing music, giving gifs and memes, games and activities, on and on. All you gotta do is tap or click those channels and you are in granted you have permission in the channel. Discord is designed for gamers of any kind and community and it is also available on mobile. Doesnt even require you download the app as you can just go in from the site on pc and login. 

Its just Overall a more pleasant and easy experience. 

48 minutes ago, Crimson Kid said:

A multi-rank system is as stated above. The Owner can separate people by Name Rank, Color and Permissions Granted. EX: Owner, Co-Owner, Admin, Mods, Donators, Players. 

Discord is far easier to navigate, you can have multiple voice channels, text channels, Special Permission channels, Channels dedicated to any topic or reason; You can even add bots to the server which do everything from playing music, giving gifs and memes, games and activities, on and on. All you gotta do is tap or click those channels and you are in granted you have permission in the channel. Discord is designed for gamers of any kind and community and it is also available on mobile. Doesnt even require you download the app as you can just go in from the site on pc and login. 

Its just Overall a more pleasant and easy experience. 

You're not understanding what I mean by multi-rank, lad.

It's all pretty much the same, I just prefer Teamspeak is all. I stated why already so I wont repeat myself. There's only minor differences.

I'm voting teamspeak however access seems to be easier with Discord because you pretty much just join the said url. 

Seen some people who aren't too good with computers in the past have issues installing and joining teamspeak for whatever reason.

Once they are both setup, I find teamspeak slightly more enjoyable.

Keep Teamspeak. 

it's way more easier to communicate with each other. I've seen people be too lazy to download TS3 & do quickly give up on download it. That is the only issue I see about TS. But overall I think TS would be best for communication, events & much more!! 

I dont like teamspeak, you have to open the app, manually enter an ip, address (or use a bookmark) to sign in to a server, chat isn't kept when you logout, so if you said something, and want to remember what it was, you can't. You can't login as the same person with same ranks and whatnot in TS, you can in Discord with the nickname additions.

Overall, discord imo is far superior.

You can have hundreds of ranks, you can give those ranks like Owner, Admin, Donator all to the same person, just by clicking their name, and clicking on checkboxes. It is really user friendly, while TS is outdated, and clunky. TS is NOT free to host, Discord is, and always will be. Discord and TS both have multi voice/text chats, but they cannot be viewed at the same time. Discord has hidden rooms, for both voice AND text, just like TS. TS is by default, very painful to look at, while discord is dark in nature, AKA dark theme, less strain on your eyes.

You can legit, click a link, and join the fun for any events going on, you don't have to have an account, you dont have to download anything, all you do is make a username, and you're in. If you want to keep that username, just add an email -- verify it, and presto, any time you login to discord from that computer, you never need log back in. Not to mention, you can have all the servers you actively use, and have them easily accessable by using discord, you can be in a voice chat in one, and in a text chat in another.