DreamUpdate [Patch #20 - 21/5/2016]

DS Development Team

Hello there my fellow dreamers,
Once again we got some entertaining updates for you all but that's not where it ends. We are also working on revamping a lot of content that is currently broken, mostly regarding skilling. We believe that skilling should have our focus due to the fact that we, as a custom server, could do a lot of innovative and unique stuff with it. In order to be able to do such things however we're completely rewriting all the skills from scratch. In the future this will also include massive combat related updates.
We're currently not specifically announcing the revamp related updates but somewhere tomorrow I will post a special topic containing the latest patches regarding skilling. If you run across any bugs or if you feel like there are things we could improve, make sure to notify us by either creating a bug report or posting a suggestion. 

The current update contains:
The Dynamic Box
This is a new concept we came up with that basically is a new mystery box but with a special kind of twist to it. The name says it, the box is dynamic. With dynamic I mean that its contents don't merely consist out of a predefined set of items. High ranked staff members are able to adjust the rewards you can get from this box, this includes the items that you're able to receive, the rarity of the items that you're be able to receive and also if the reward will be deleted after it's claimed once.
So for example staff members could decide to add an Ice Katana into the Dynamic Box with a chance of 1/100 to pick it. It would then be added into the box and obtainable by players until a staff member decides to remove it. Or if a Spacejam sword would be added in with a chance of 1/300 as a one time item, then the first player to claim it would receive the Spacejam sword and then the Spacejam sword would be removed from the box. We believe that this will keep the box entertaining and refreshing. 
Whenever a staff members adds a reward, changes the rarity or deletes a reward all the players will receive a notification. You're able to view the rewards with their rarities at any given time by executing the command: "::checkdbox". 

GdgfOPk.png
For now the box is only obtainable through the store but we're also thinking of different implementations of it for in the game. The price of the Dynamic Box is currently set at 7,50$
The box will be available in the store later today, at the same time staff will immediately start adjusting the contents of the box. 

Regards,
Stan

I've quit for a while just to see some updates that wud make the game worth playing. But it hadn't been failing just big money updates bugs new mage stuff PvP needs to fixed better rewards for it to get a bigger community. This server ain't thinking of the bigger picture here.its to much about melee that gets boring so how about next update do something to bring in more people or anything but dumb updates that's my honest opinion. To many noons say good job this and that how about more honest opinions here?

I've quit for a while just to see some updates that wud make the game worth playing. But it hadn't been failing just big money updates bugs new mage stuff PvP needs to fixed better rewards for it to get a bigger community. This server ain't thinking of the bigger picture here.its to much about melee that gets boring so how about next update do something to bring in more people or anything but dumb updates that's my honest opinion. To many noons say good job this and that how about more honest opinions here?

If you feel that way you should put that in the suggestions forum. The short version is that Dreamscape is a server revolving around custom items and gambling/Pvm. To change the server to focus more on PvP would take a lot of time and effort that could be spent focusing on the demographic that is already putting hundreds of dollars worth of donations each day into it. Appealing to too many people requires more server space to hold so many people, more staff to help everyone at every time, etc etc. If you have a solution and more information on your suggestion, post it in the suggestion forum to see what people think.