Server Updates 1/10/15

MaxiiPad

[CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0qZMIyv.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[CENTER] [/CENTER]
[CENTER] [/CENTER]
[I][COLOR=#b22222]Welcome to this weeks updates, firstly I hope everyone is enjoying the new year and is ready for a great turn around throughout DreamScape bettering the server each week with updates like todays.[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=#b22222]Let's get this ball rolling[/COLOR].[/I]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Slight rework in the Control to Reply to PMs.[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]I did attempt to change the button used to Tab, but through assessing the methods used to create this feature and the usual way it's handled I was able to record every key stroke except the tab button. But through doing this I cleaned the system and it should have a slight difference in the workings. I tried to have it replying to those who aren't on your friends list but no luck there, maybe when my applet knowledge extends I'll give it another go.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][B][U][COLOR=#b22222]Welcoming 3 new MiniBosses to the family[/COLOR][/U][/B]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Through seeing the popularity of the previous updates addition to DreamScapes PVM entertainment with MiniBosses I have decided that each week I will try to extend our range of MiniBosses until people express that they no longer want any more added :P.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Bosses Added: Mini Tormented Demon, Mini Corporal Beast and Mini Barrelchest.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]All of these mini bosses inherit their actual boss attacks; this did cause one problem with CB with the multi-attacks which was fixed as soon as I was notified and is in effect as I write this.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Working Kills/Deaths[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Since the start of DreamScape(I believe) the player online list has showed the Kills and Deaths of each player, without the feature actually working. I'm happy to say they are now recording and displaying in the player list. Kills and Deaths are only added for combat in the wilderness between players.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]8 new Ranks come to DreamScape[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]I was previously set a task that was low priority of adding a Helper rank with an icon which overall was easy but with the way DreamScape handles their crowns being different to other 317 clients I was a little thrown off and admittedly pushed it under the doormat. Seeing it on my update list again showed me I couldn't swerve this task and I spent around an hour working on drawing crowns in the public chat to support adding more ranks with ease and adding up to 2billion crowns. E-Z P-Z.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]The ranks added with Crowns:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Founder Rank - G Crown[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Community Manager - Red Moderator Crown[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Staff Manager - Ginger Snaps usual forum Tiara reworked[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Server Manager - Red and Grey Owner Crown[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Helper Rank - Blue Circle with a White I[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Trusted Dicer - 1 Dimensional Dice Reworked[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]YouTuber - YouTube Icon Reworked[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Graphical Artist - Feather Reworked[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Extreme Donator - Cyan Dollar Sign[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]Legendary Donator - Blue bag of coins reworked[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000][I]On top of these the donator crown has been updated to fit the Extreme Donator(s)' style.[/I][/COLOR]

[LIST][*][U][B][COLOR=#b22222]Activity Timer[/COLOR][/B][/U]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Usually amounts of recorded time are handled in Server Events using the main game cycle, instead of adding another event to handle activity I decided to be a bit cheap and take a babystep to better performance and sliding the activity calculator into the Announcements Event, this means that it will add 5Mins to your activity timer for every 5mins you play. So if you're wondering why it doesn't update every one minute, read the above xD.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]You can view your activity through the Quest Tab.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Claimweb fix[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Small thing, to avoid donators losing items when not having enough inventory space claiming donations, it now requires 10 item slots free, MINIMUM.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Punishment Reasons[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Something that can get very annoying for both players is abusive staff, and a thing that can get very annoying for staff is not knowing the reasons for players punishments when it comes to dealing with reports and having knowledge of their punishment history.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]I bring to you, required reasons for punishments. Staff cannot punish a player without specifying a reason now, which will cut down and help us find who is abusing, it will also help us when dealing with punishment reports.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Both temporary and permanent punishments are logged, which you can read the next feature for information on.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Checking Reasons for Punishments[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]There may have been a time you have been banned/muted and you haven't known why; this will eliminate this. As every punishment now requires a reason and is recorded I have made a way for staff to check the reason of a players every punishment from today, I have decided to give players access to this database also.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Using the command ::checkreason-playernamehere you can check the punishment history of yourself, or maybe someone who you are going to place trust in. This will give us all a better overview on judgement.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Item Loss[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]After seeing the high amounts of reports originating from item loss, Gio asked me to disable items being dropped on death out side of the wilderness. You will still lose items to NPCs who kill you in the wilderness and players, but not outside.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Empty Fix[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Ever got a nice kill, getting ready for the loot and finding that the player empties his inventory just after taking off all of his equiptment? Quick fix: Empty no longer works in the Wilderness.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Timed Punishments[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]I understand that people will make minor mistakes that do not inherit a full banishment or mute, so I introduce temporary punishments, you can now be muted/banned for a maximum of 24hours. These punishments are added to the reason logs under the duration block, if there is no duration block on the punishment it means that it is a permanent punishment and no time was specified.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Dagganoth Locator[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]A Mini Dagganoth Boss is now added to the home area to teleport you to the Dagganoth Lair, after it being requested to be the new Mini Boss Zone and finding that the Dagganoth Boss system was there but not being used I found somewhere else for MiniBosses and thought why not have Dagganoths ontop! The Dagganoth Locator will teleport you to the Dagganoth ladder which takes you into the lair, all dagganoths are aggressive so you will most likely be immediately attacked and if you have no knowledge on how the attacking and circular motion works of the lair I would suggest watching a YouTube video first.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Mini Boss Leader[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Sadly when I tried to extract the Configs for Bork from the cache the Axe he weilds just didn't want to come out and I didn't want to waste how good he looked so he is now next to the Dagganoth Locator at home teleporting you to the new Mini Boss Location for the fee of 500M. A small fee to pay for the riches you will make from killing the Mini Bosses.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Penguin Tank and Fully Animated Penguins[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]The Penguins are now fully animated with movement, dancing, attacking and death. Why dancing? It's DreamScape. We have to make things hilarious and custom. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]The Penguin Tanks are simply enlarged Penguins put around the usual Mbox area with high defence and a total of 9000 hitpoints. Hense the name TANK.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Assault Rifle Fixed[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Previously the Assault Rifle required the player to be next to the enemy to fire, now it will fire at the same distance as a bow; similar to the AK-47.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][COLOR=#b22222][U][B]Client Operating System Detection[/B][/U][/COLOR]
[/LIST]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Trying to shorten my time spent obfuscating the DreamScape Client(s) on my old ancient laptop for it's low Java version which increases compatibility for users I added Operating System Detection that will optimize the way the client starts up; for example it will not run the auto updater for those using Macintosh to find it isn't compatible.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Then remembering we still had to have a Webclient that wouldn't autoupdate too I realised I had to do the two clients anyway; but it may be useful for the Mac Users who download the regular client not knowing; saves a double download.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][U][B][COLOR=#b22222]PVP Crash Issue[/COLOR][/B][/U]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Everyone must know of the issue that caused players to crash when in PVP. The issue was located by Gio and the fix was suggested by a friend of his, kudos to both of them on this as I couldn't work out what the issue was myself; turns out our switching was a little too fast for the client itself.[/COLOR]

[LIST][*][U][B][COLOR=#b22222]Yell Restrictions[/COLOR][/B][/U]
[/LIST]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Regular players can now only yell once per minute, this will stop the yell cluttering and spam throughout the game/public filter.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]Sooner or later we will move everything to the Clan Chat system where you have a better option to avoid the messages you don't feel to see.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#b22222][I][B]That's it, what will next week hold?[/B][/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#b22222][I][B]Have a great weekend Dreamers,[/B][/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#b22222][I][B]JVM/MaxiiPad.[/B][/I][/COLOR]

First, thanks for the updates mate they are beastly. loving being able to check punishments makes it easier when helping people in the shoutbox with reports. The yell restrictions will be taken both ways but ultimately it is for the best.. ALSO thanks so much for the assault rifle fix, many people were looking forward to this one. Not too sure about not losing items when out of wilderness sorta makes the game just that bit easier tbh. But with whats been happening recently its probably for the best.
So good work on these ones mate, and keep up the good work. Because everyone is happy to have such a good dev. We love you

[QUOTE=Wesker]

Community manager is the same thing as Server manager.

[/QUOTE]
No it's not.
You wouldn't be the one to decide this either.

A Community Manager will take care of the players, organise events and ensure entertainment where-as the server manager would ensure that everything runs smoothly, nothing is out of order.
A server manager also has a lot more authority.

Archived